Jeff Olson's four categories of knowledge
Learn knowledge– here. you know by learning.
Activity knowledge-here. you know by doing.
Modeling knowledge– here you model your life after a mentor or people you consider successful
Teaching knowledge-the best way to gain knowledge is to teach yet you can only effectively teach what you live. what you have internalized and who you are!
Time is required to effectively acquire any type of knowledge, If you consistently practice simple daily habits over time (Malcolm Gladwell suggests 10.000 hours) you will inevitably reach a magical point where momentum takes over
Jim Collins calls this process ‘the 20-mile march’ and the magical moment he calls 10x results’.
Jeff Olson calls the process ‘the slight edge and Malcolm Gladwell calls the magical moment ‘the tipping point’.
In our case, the process is called investment and the magical moment Financial Independence.
Focusing on learn knowledge, allow me to share the books I read that shaped my thinking thus far.
- As A Man Thinketh – James Allen
- Great By Choice – Jim Collins
- Built To Last-Jim Collins
- Good To Great – Jim Collins
- Blue Ocean Strategy – Chan Kim/ Renee Mauborgne
- Running Lean -Ash Mariya
- Grit -Angela Onckisouth
- The l0x Rule – Grant Cordone
- Tao Te Ching -Lao Tzu
- The Art Of War -Sun Tzu
- The Science Of Getting Rich -Wallace Wattles
- The Science Of Being Great -Wallace Wattles
- Think And Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- Mastery-Robert Greene
- The Art Of Seduction – Robert Greene
- The 48 Laws Of Power – Robert Greene
- The Magic Of Thinking Big – David Schwartz
- Strengths Finder – Tom Rath
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Richest Man In Babylon – George Clason
- The Greatest Sales Man In The World – Og Mandino
- Business Adventures – John Brooks
- Secrets Of Investment – Warren Buffet
- The Holy Bible – Various Versions
- The Tipping Point -Malcolm Gladwell
- David and Goliath -Malcolm Gladwell
- Outliers -Malcolm Gladwell
- The Innovators Dilemma – Clayton Christensen
- Epic – Paul Innes
- The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People -Stephen Covey
- Steve Jobs – Walter Isaacson
- The One Minute Manager – Ken Blanchard / Spencer Johnson
- Leaders Eat Last -Simon Sinek
- Made To Stick – Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
My people perish for lack of knowledge
To get to the magical moment you have to do the simple things that are easy to do.
And tragically easy not to do.
So purpose to acquire some knowledge,
have a productive week ahead.